Smartphone Mobile App & FAQs
Back for 2020: Use our CPETS Mobile App!
* Attention Smartphone Users * To enhance your CPETS experience — especially learning and networking with fellow PEs — we have developed a mobile conference app for iOS and Android mobile devices. The CPETS app is built on the Attendify.com mobile platform. You will install the Attendify app as you would any other smartphone app — an easy way is to go to your phone’s Apple Store or Play Store, search on “Attendify” and then download/install the app. You will need our CPETS event code to “join” the app. Our event code is 76xxcpets20 (all lowercase).
You can have Attendify.com text you a link to your smartphone, so that you can easily install Attendify. Go to: https://attendify.com/download/
To learn about the app and download Attendify, while on your smartphone, go to our CPETS app microsite at http://wrgpcv.
Follow the instructions there to download Attendify and find our CPETS20 event: when prompted for “Have an Event Code?” enter: 76xxcpets20 (all lowercase) to register as an attendee, with your email of choice and create your password. Be sure to update your personal profile with your contact info, and to upload a photo too..
There is a Help Guide inside the app. Click on the Question Mark icon at the upper right hand corner on theain Attendify screen (before you click to enter the event). For a quick user guide to using an Attendify app, another resource is: http://bit.ly/AttendeeGuide_AttendifyApp. Or ask a Rotary colleague!
Once you have already joined the CPETS event, the event logo ico will be visible on the home screen of the Attendify App under at the “Your Events” section
At the conference, we will have a printed Quick Reference Guide handout that will indicate the hotel map and agenda with room locations for the 2.5 day event.
What are Some Features of the Attendify App?
Here is just some of what you can do with the Attendify App:
- Access all event information: session schedule (by date), speakers and bios, venue map, documents uploaded by the event administrator, and more
- In the Activity Stream — which is similar to a Facebook Newsfeed — you can upload/share photos, post messages, comment & like other users’ posts
- Tag other attendees in your post — just use @name — and they will receive a notification about it
- Cross-post to other social networks (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Connect & network with other attendees
- Send private messages to other attendees, exhibitors, advertiser
- Save attendees’ profiles as VCards to your phone’s Contacts
- Take notes (you can #tag other attendees to document something about them)
- Bookmark (or “favorite”) sessions, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, and attendees
- Rate speakers and sessions — with a 1 to 5 star indication — and provide feedback & comments
- Set scheduled reminders for sessions and create a personal schedule
- Receive push notifications from the event administrator
- Vote in polls created by the event administrator in the Activity Stream, and view voting statistics
At the event, we will have several “app-bassadors” who will be available to answer questions and demo the cool features. The conference sessions schedule is in the app — and those descriptions will include a Survey Monkey link so that you can easily evaluate the sessions you attend.
Questions about or Problems with the App?
If you are experiencing problems installing Attendify, joining the CPETS event, or using the app, please email CPETSrotary@gmail.com, describing your situation. A member of the CPETS PR Promotions/Tech Team will respond and assist. And at the event March 5 – 7, we will have App-bassadors in your District sessions to assist.
Don’t have a Smartphone? No Worries: Our Microsite is Available via Web Browser
If you do not have a smartphone, you can still view and access conference info via any web browser! Go to our event microsite at: http://wrgpcv.